I had a few question about my last papercut portrait, so here are some details. Unfortunately I didn't take photos of the process. I promise to do that with my next work and post it here.
I used Canson black paper, 24x32 cm, 160 g/m2 (about 9.5x12.5 inches. I don't know how to convert the weight of the paper, but it is double in weight than the ordinary printer paper.)
After finishing the cutting it "screamed" for some color. So I painted with acrylic some blue shades on her hair dress. But it was not enough. I felt I needed to add some warmth to it.
Next step then, I painted some white paper with shades of yellows, reds and blue but it looked too flat. I then changed the background color to fit the shape of the portrait in a way that the portrait itself has warmer and sharper shades of yellow.
Hope the photo bellow help you to see better the process.