I have just finished my new portrait papercute.
It was done from a photo of a young woman, very blond and with no marks on the face. It was a serious task to find the structure of the face and add the lines without "olding" her. I need the lines not only for making it more dramatic, but also so that I have "bridges" to keep piece from falling apart.
Then I decided to have her lie on a yellow "bed".
I painted a white paper with various shades of yellows mixed with blues, greens and reds and then I tore the paper and assemble it to a new background (I am a mosaicist after all...)
I am not sure yet whether to have her on the yellow background or not. I'll let it rest for a few days and then I'll hopefully decide.
I promised in the previous post to post details of the process, so bellow you can see photos of the process. I always (try) to keep my promises... :-)