February 3, 2010

Coming soon

It has been a while since I last posted here, but that doesn't mean I am not working :-)

I have finished recently a wonderful red abstract. The photos couldn't really capture its vividness, but everyday, when I enter my studio in make me smile.

Meanwhile I am working on 4 other projects, here is a preview for 2 of them:

I bought this elephant sometime ago. This is a photo of it after I glues sand to his ears. Since only his ears are going to be mosaiced, I added the sand to have "teeth" to hold the tiles.
He is going to "wear" a back & white blanket which I stitch myself. It is the most boring thing I've ever done.
Here he is, partially mosaiced.
Yesterday I finished to mosaic his ears - all with gold tiles. I repainted it black because the leaves didn't work for me. As soon as I finish the stitching (which takes forever) he will be done.
Meanwhile I am also continuing working on this portrait.

I hope to finish everything by the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, I haven't seen this progress posted on Flickr. Nice to get another peek!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to see your elephant finished ! I am just crazy about your work and elephants.. I am sure the result will be wonderful and astonishing as always !

    ReplyDelete